De Nederlandse versie van deze pagina is binnenkort beschikbaar
Optiek Van de Velde, located at Nederstraat 33, 9700 Oudenaarde, Belgium, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
Your privacy is very important to us and we ensure that all personal information you share with us is handled with care. In this privacy statement we would like to explain you how we do this. If you have any questions about this, we will be happy to help you. You can reach us at [email protected].
We process the personal data that you provided to us, either by directly entering it into our website or by automatically collecting this when you use our website. Below you can find an overview of the personal data that we may process, depending on the product or service you purchase:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Information about your activities on our website
- Browser fingerprint
- Bank account number
- Other personal data that you actively provide for example by creating an account on this website, by e-mail, by letter, and / or by phone.
Special and / or sensitive personal information
Our website and / or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years old. Unless they have permission from their parents or guardians. However, we can not check if a visitor is older than 16. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us at [email protected] and we will delete this information.
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your registration and / or payment after you have purchased a product or service.
- To be able to call or e-mail you if this is necessary to perform the service that you have taken.
- To deliver goods and services that you have purchased.
- To inform you about (changes to) our services and products that you have previously purchased. For this you can always unsubscribe via a link in the mail.
- To send newsletters and mailings for which you have signed up.
- To create an account for you after you have registered yourself.
Optiek Van de Velde makes no decisions based on automated processing (algorithms) that can have adverse consequences for you.
personal data retention
Personal data may not be kept longer than necessary. The retention period depends on the purpose for which we have received or collected the data and any legal obligations to retain data. If you have any questions about this, you can contact [email protected].
We share your personal data with business partners and third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. We also provide your personal data to third parties in a few other cases, but we only do this with your explicit consent.
With companies that process your data in our order, we conclude a processor agreement to guarantee the same level of security and to safeguard the confidentiality of your data. We remain responsible for these processing operations.
Cookies or similar techniques
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. We use 4 types of cookies.
First, the necessary cookies with a purely technical functionality. These ensure that the website works properly. In addition, there are statistics cookies that collect anonymised data about the use of our website and help us optimize the site. Preference cookies help to remember your preferences (such as preferred language, or cookie preferences). Finally, we place marketing cookies that track your browsing habits. Cookies from embedded content originating from social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest also fall under this category.
On your first visit to our website we have already informed you about these cookies and by using our website, you give us the permission to place them.
You can also opt out of cookies from all websites by setting up your internet browser so that it no longer saves cookies. Please use your browser’s help function to find out how to do so. In addition, you can delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser. If you disable these cookies in your browser, it can happen that the experience of the site is disappointing.
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Optiek Van de Velde and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send you the personal data we have of you in a computer file.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to [email protected].
How we protect personal data
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us at [email protected].
We have taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- Servers and devices of our employees are equipped with current security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- We only send your data via secure internet connections (TLS, formerly SSL). You can see this at the address bar ‘https’ and the padlock.
- Access to personal data is secured with 2-factor authentication.
- Access to personal data from mobile devices is restricted and actively monitored.
- All employees of Optiek Van de Velde who have access to personal data are trained in carefully handling your data.
- DKIM and SPF are internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving e-mails on our behalf that contain viruses, are spam or are intended to obtain personal (login) data.
Last updated April 2018